Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Travel time sucks…. I almost missed my flight, because of them


Preface -
My flight to Delhi from Pune was scheduled at 10:20 pm; as airlines wisely request travelers to be present at least 45 min prior to schedule departure, I planned to be there by 9:30.  Keeping in mind the 35-40 minute commute time from my flat to airport, I decided to book a cab at 8:45.   I called travel time traveling service around quarter to eight and booked my cab accordingly.  A polite call executive confirmed my booking and assured that driver will call me by 8:15 pm (30 before booked time), I will also get a SMS confirming my booking along with driver name, number and cab details.  

Actual Drama
All my bags were packed and I was fully prepared well before time.   By 8:20, I neither get call from driver nor any SMS,  I called them, and they assured me that driver will call by 8:30, he didn’t.  I called them again, and they said driver is on the way, very near to my flat and will call in next 5 min, he didn’t.    Frustrated me, called them again , and they again assured me driver will be there by 8:45 (in next 5 minute) and will call you up, he didn’t.   Finally I call my friend ‘SOS’, help me to reach airport; in no time he was in my society, and I was sitting next to him in his car, watch was showing 9:02.  Just to check, I called travel time again and said – “I had a booking at 8:45, and cab never came ” , in response, call executive politely said – “sir, your booking is still there, and driver is about to reach your place and will next 5 minutes driver will call you” he didn’t J.   

At the end
Finally, somehow I reached airport exactly at 9:40, and with pleasant surprise, they allow me to check-in without any exchange of words.  Since at the end I was able to catch my flight, I was about to forget travel time experience, but out of curiosity I check their review on yahoo local (http://in.local.yahoo.com/pune/traveltime-car-rental-pvt-ltd-e1f56f17e433cddac69e3f5e04914bc1/ ) and happy to know that I am not the sole victim of their pathetic service.  They are constant travel maker to many customers.  Thanks to God, I am on board.


I really appreciate extreme politeness of call executive, every time I called them, sometimes it seems like shamelessness (smiling even after screwing up everything); they must be feeling same way about me as well.  I wish I should called them up around 10 and check if drive is still on the way, I am sure they had responded that – driver will call in next 5 minute. J

2 comments:

Omar Memon said...

Excellent sirji finally we got a lesson never trust in hurry time...

Gopal Patel said...

Thts the reason I always have to make an alternate arrangement n be ready with it... downside is you reach early moreso at Delhi since the travel time waries as well from 30 minutes to 2 hours for the same distance and effectively make the airport a railway stn with a 2 hour wait period...